AFFI works alongside our coalition partners to ensure that frozen food and beverage businesses are represented in the key policy debates that determine employer operations, labor costs and hiring practices.
AFFI’s labor-related priorities include:
- Opposing minimum wage increases and living wage laws that serve as barriers to entry level hiring.
- Advocating for a system that promotes maximum flexibility in structuring employee hours, career advancement opportunities for employees and clarity for employers when classifying employees.
- Restoring the definition of a full-time work week to 40 hours, which was adjusted to 30 hours under the Affordable Care Act.
- Pursuing the creation of a new Guest Worker Program that that allows an employer to sponsor a foreign worker when no workers are available domestically.
- Working with Congress to create a new Fair Employment Eligibility Verification System that accurately identifies the legal status of workers. AFFI also advocates for the inclusion of a Safe-Harbor clause, which decreases administrative burdens and protects employers from immigration fines and penalties.